Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer's Last Horrah!

Yesterday was the coldest it's been all summer, torrential downpours, and we spent it at the Evergreen State Fair. That was fun! There were breaks in the rain with some sun. Steven and his sister, Marsha, enjoyed a few rides, along with my youngest and her boyfriend. However, they didn't enjoy the Crazy Train. It thrashed them all about and messed with their equilibrium. So, if you're thinking about going on that ride - Don't!!!

Today has been a mixed bag of clouds and sun. My hubbie and I went for a walk on the beach. The sea was so calm, we cut the walk short and went back to the house to get the kayaks. I wasn't too keen on going out today. I'm so behind on making jewelry, but it was too nice to say no.

When we go on our walks, we usually see lots of eagles, great blue herons, gulls and the occasional whale. Today seemed pretty quiet. The beach was devoid of most of the usual wildlife. We got half-way to the island before we realized we were being stalked. Yes, stalked I say! There was a bevy of seals that were quite interested in us. When we got to the right side of the island we were surrounded by 20 plus of the doe eyed wonders. We sat amongst them for the longest time - they mesmerized by us and us by them. It was so cool. We wanted to stay longer, but the wind was kicking up, and the sky was getting darker. As we came around the back side of the island, heading back to our boat launch, I had a smallish seal pop up within a foot of my bow. I think it was as surprised to see me as I was of it. It promptly tucked under the water and flanked me on my left side. How amazing! It never gets old...

Well, I've lost most of the day's light, and I still haven't worked on my jewelry. Before I go, here are a few pictures of my new stuff...



Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Loving the jewelry, but the photography is what caught my eye tonight! Love the props. What a way to bring out the colors and the textures of the materials you are using. When are you quitting your day job? :)

Jay said...

Thanks Mindy. I'm much more pleased with the photos now that I have some decent props. I found most of the stuff at a flea market back east. What I didn't get at the flea market I got from my Dad. He has lots of cool stuff!

As to quitting the day job... I'd have to sell lots of jewelry to do that! Need any Christmas gifts????