Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting Home Delayed

Well, it took an extra day and a few extra hours of travel, but I finally made it home Sunday at 6pm. Saturday afternoon we had a horrendous downpour. It started raining just before we left for the airport. Dad was driving, and he could barely see the cars ahead of him. I was so disoriented sitting in the back seat of the van that I had no idea where we were for quite sometime. I never thought that a little rain would delay my flight, but delay my flight it did! My connection in Chicago was going to be held - only if we left the ground at 4:40 p.m. The ticket clerk told me if it left one minute later I wouldn't make my connection and there were no open seats out of Chicago until Monday or Tuesday. So, needless to say, I found another way home. They flew me on the last seat to Las Vegas. It was much longer, but I got home. Home sweet home! It was nice to sleep in my own bed, with my hubbie. Now, I miss my family! This living on two different coasts really stinks sometimes. I think I shall have to win Mega Millions tomorrow evening. That should help to shrink the distance between coasts!!!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Welcome home!

We feel the same about the distance from family, but ours is only half way, in MN, WI and KS. But, we have to drive with so many kids. Even flying, though, it is exhausting. I always marvel at the pioneer women who came in a covered wagon. How DID they do that?

Anonymous said...

Did you win? If you did, you can go to Korea with us on the 8th.

Jay said...

I'm definitely not a pioneer woman, although I've driven across the country twice - once by myself and once with my two kids and husband. My sister, she's the pioneer woman, off to Korea now to get her little Aubry. It's only about 18 months since her last track half-way across the world to adopt little Jyly. I don't even like leaving this country. How does she do it?