Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last night I finally did it. I got out in the garage and cleaned a spot for my workbench. It's small and partially adequate, but it will have to do. Now, I just need some better tools!

I etched six small pieces of brass for earrings and lost one in the etching bath. I'm still learning about the intricacies of this process. It seems so hap-hazard. Some of the pieces have such a nice etch and the others have too much tooth, making them almost sharp. This is the process of trial and error, but it makes little sense. All of the blanks were in the same etching bath for the same amount of time...


There's the start of a necklace in the upper left corner of the board. We had rented two movies to watch earlier in the day but didn't get to them, so I set down to watch the movie and create. We watched Duplicity with Julia Roberts. That's not a movie that you can half watch. I had to start it over to make any sense of it and put the necklace down. I had such high hopes to get it and the earrings finished. I could have finished the earrings, but I broke two drill bits on the necklace - the only two I could find. We have millions of the darn things, but the garage is such a jumbled mess that nothing is where it should be right now.

No comments: