Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Voilla!!! - New Packaging!

Finally, I have created a really cool package for my earrings to ship in. I had this idea to create a bag with my logo on it - no small feat. Well, it wasn't really all that hard once the idea came to me. I made a rubber stamp of my brown wren. Then I got some fabric paint and inked the stamp and pressed the stamp to a hunk of cloth I've been storing for the last couple of years (it pays to hoard fabric). Voilla! I wish I had photographed the process for you - maybe next time. I made 84 little wrens on Sunday afternoon, let them dry and then heat set them with a hot iron. I cut them out Monday morning before work and created a little bag Monday night after work, before the insurance salesman came. Now, I want to make more!!!!

Here's a quick shot. The lighting isn't the greatest. I'm working on a light box to take photos of my designs since we will be running out of sun rather soon. The mornings are getting shorter, as well as the evenings. Before long I won't have any picture taking time outdoors except on weekends...

4 comments:

Dutile Creations said...

I like the packaging idea ... You could put your logo on iron-on fabric to save some time ... then instead of having to sew them on, have them as iron-on pieces.

Very cute idea though!! We're such a crafty family!!

Jay said...

Hey -

I look forward to seeing something on your blog real soon!!! And yes, we are a crafty family.

Mindy said...

Your bags are adorable. The stamped wren is a wonderful idea. If you are looking for a more rustic look you could use burlap, sew on the outside and unravel the edges. Maybe for Christmas make little stockings????? I just love the work you are doing, you are very creative.

tammi sloan said...

Mindy -

Thanks so much. Burlap is a cute idea, though part of the reason for the felt was padding for packaging. I'll have to consider making stockings. When I was a kid I made elf overalls out of felt for Christmas stockings. I still have the pattern.

I can't wait until you see my new jewelry - lots of old stuff!!!