Monday, December 21, 2009

Much to Be Thankful For...

So many changes have transpired this year - many devastating. We have lost two dear family members - my mother-in-law and my grandmother. My father-in-law has suffered the loss of his wife and the use of his lower extremities. I am thankful that we are in good health, that my Dad's cancer is gone and that both of my girls are in school and doing quite well. Lauren will graduate in June and has been nominated by her teacher for a full-ride scholarship to the dental hygienist program of her choosing. Our house is complete (as complete as any new house can be). We just spent a small fortune getting rid of Mt. Claymore (a ridiculously large pile of dirt in our back yard) and having our yard shaped and the driveway loaded with crushed stuff??? It looks marvelous! Now, I hope for lots of money to come my way so that I can plant lots of greenery!

I am absolutely thankful that my husband has finally gotten the Christmas spirit after eight or nine years. He called me up last week and told me he was looking for a Christmas tree. He even got inspired to buy all new ornaments. We now have a very modern looking Christmas tree that matches our house. I must take a pic tomorrow and show you.

We are going to Victoria for our anniversary on New Year's Eve. I am very excited. Oh, what to wear? Who cares! No one knows us there!

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope that your year has filled you with many blessings and the new year brings you many more!

No comments: